Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The real deal in real time

We were sitting at the dinner table eating chili, and I gave Alex a dinner roll, just to see what he would do with real food (meaning non pureed). Would he pick it up, would he put it in his mouth. I Knew he wouldn't bite off pieces, we just aren't there yet, nor would we be safe to be biting off pieces. So here is the story in real time....




Thanks mom.




A new chew toy.


Its squishy????



I'm not sure if I should put it in my mouth?




everyone else is.





it smells good.






It feels funny.







It doesn't taste like my chewy.








This isn't my chewy.









No thanks mom.

10 comments:

Our Journey said...

go alex! thats a big step!! i wish frankie would put something in his mouth, anything!!!

Tori said...

Too cute! We do shirtless dinners, too!

Cindy said...

LOL...thanks for the morning comedy as we start our day. Konrad is with you, Alex...table food is for spitting out, not for swallowing!

boltefamily said...

He is just the sweetest! It always brings a smile to my face to visit here and see his precious face!

Kristi said...

Alex. You are getting cuter and cuter as time goes on.. Lots of hugs from Noah.. Noah would stuff the whole thing in his mouth.. Working on taking little bites.. Hugs.

The VW's said...

Great job at least trying it Alex! Keep it up! And, by the way, do you know what a hunk you are?!

Kelly said...

Loved the play by play...made me think I was at the table with you!

I think Alex was just watching his carbs! :)
Kelly W.

Cathy said...

I love it! He knows to bring it to his mouth. Annabel is still working on holding it and bring it to her mouth. Yea Alex!

Jacqui said...

Alex I love your curiosity and experimentation - good for figuring out the world and leaning new stuff. Love the photos!!!

Jenn said...

Alex, you are a beautiful (and not in the girly way) child! I check the blog your mom has made for you pretty much every day. Your smile always warms my heart.