Monday, September 22, 2008

Camping

When I was pregnant with Alex we purchased a "pop up" camper. We knew we couldn't raise 3 boys without taking them camping all the time. After Alex was born, no one was in the mood for restless sleep, mosquito bites, and endless hot dogs.
This weekend we were in the mood for some camping, and it was Alex's first camping trip. We were only about 15 minutes away from our house, but it was a great place.
Alex's favorite part was laying on one of the beds in the camper with the other kids. He talked and laughed, he loved it!








































Getting the fire started.








Enjoying hot dogs, and smores.





















Perfect picture setting, the best pose I could get of all 4 kids. (We took Will and Mae, the kids I watch after school, just for the evening) Alex and I did not sleep in the camper because he still needs to sleep elevated to get his night time feed, so Will and Mae left when we did.














Alex helping daddy pop some popcorn.









Enjoying the campfire.













Had enough!!!!









12 comments:

Our Journey said...

so cute!! im glad you finally got to use the camper, looks like everyone had a good time - even sweet little alex.

Cindy said...

How fun! I'm so glad Alex enjoys camping...he looks like he can't get enough until he crashes into a beautifully restful pose. :) What a sweetie.

Pinkalicious said...

Oh, I love camping! I am so glad you did this as a family. It looks like you had a great time!

Sara

Steve & Marie Douglas said...

THAT's MY KINDA WEEKEND!!! FUN! FUN! FUN!!!!! I'm glad Alex got to enjoy the fun of camping (but the luxury of sleeping comfy at home)

Cathy said...

That first picture of him laying on the bed and laughing says he loves it. What great memories you are building.

Kelly said...

How much fun! A perfect wya to start fall...another reason to visit Illinois!
Kelly W.

Chris and Emily said...

that trip was well worth it just for those adorable pictures of Alex. Love it!!! So glad you had a good time.

Mashel said...

Alex looks like he is in camoing heaven! How cute! He looks like he loved it. I love that despite some of the difficutlties, you are still going to give Alex and your boys the wonderful childhood experiences they need. You are such a wonderful Mom. Keep up the good work Jessica. Although it may not feel like it at times, God knew exactly what he was doing when he chose you to be the mommy of such a special little boy.

Shari said...

I just found your blog. Your family is beautiful!

hennhouse said...

Oh that smile!! And that adorable hair! Looks like you all had fun?!

Jenn said...

I know I've said this before... but your son is amazing. When I need a pick-me-up, I come here and look at his face. I love reading about him.

I also love reading about your new life in Holland. You may not see it - you're living it - but you've got strength that is inspiring to the rest of us who read.

Kristi said...

We love you Alex.. You look so happy camping.. Yeah...