Tuesday, February 19, 2008

On the otherside.

If I were on the other side of this blog, and had not lived this story I would still be selfish, still worry about the little things, still get upset over a messy room.


If I were on the otherside of this blog I would worry about my weight, and what people thought of me.


On the otherside I would complain about not having time for me, complain about my house, and being stuck in it all day, complain about what I didnt have.

If I were on the other side of this blog I would say " she sure has been through a lot", and quietly be glad it wasnt happening to me. But.............

If I were on the otherside of this blog, I wouldnt know sacrifice, I wouldnt know unconditional love, and what it really means to give yourself.


I wouldnt remember to appreciate the little things, appreciate my kids being loud, thank God they can talk.


Appriciate them running through the house and into things, thank God they can run.


Appreciate whining, Thank God they can express themselves.


Appreciate the mess they make when they eat, thank God they can put food in their mouths.


On the otherside of this blog my older boys wouldnt get to see and experience unconditonal love at its best.


On the otherside of this blog, I was selfish and shallow, on the other side of this blog I wouldnt have grown, I wouldnt know what I know now.



I wouldnt have Alex, on this side I have a gift.

I am proud to be on this side, I dont need to be reminded anymore about what is really important, I am thankful to be on this side of the blog.-Jessica Pruitt 2008

6 comments:

Michelle said...

so nicely put Jessica. Brought tears to my eyes. It is a blessing in disguise isn't it?

nola said...

How blessed you are to have seen the true value of life in such a beautiful way.

juliekeefe said...

Oh Jessica, I love this post. It is poetic and precious. I am grateful for you.

Laurie said...

I am on the other side of this blog and I want you to know that I admire you for the mother you are so much. I am grateful that you are experiencing what unconditional love for your family really feels like. It is a blessing to read about your journey and pray for you. I will pray for Alex to continue to amaze you and be such a blessing.

Laurie in Ca.

Kenzie Stanfield said...

Jessica-

This is a beautiful post... I love that thought of "being on the other side". You have said so many things that I have thought but didn't put into words like you did... so simply AND SO IMPACTFUL! The Lord is working in you and as you told me, even if you don't feel strong, your words show that you are!! He is growing you, growing us through these experiences.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS POST!

In love and prayer for you,
Kenzie

Anonymous said...

I love it my big brohter is disabled and in a whealchair. Your dad is my science teacher. He's the bomb!!!!
christina