Wednesday, February 20, 2008

MRI

Tomorrow Alex will have the MRI to look at his teathered spinal cord. It takes about an hour and a half, and he will be sedated. While the sedation should scare me the most because RTS kids have been known to have airway collaspe and heart issues while under sedation, I am very worried about the iv. When he had his g-tube placed, he had the best anesthesiologist at Cardinal Glennon, he bragged that he never pokes a kid more than 3 times, well, Alex humbled him, and it took 10 pokes to get the iv in. They put it in his side. So this is my initial worry because he will be awake while getting the iv started, once they get that in, it will be the sedation. We will get to the hospital at 7:00am and the MRI will start at 8:00. I am hoping to be home around 2 or 3 in the afternoon.
I will let you know how it goes.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

you'll be in my prayers. I know what that's like. It's pure torture seeing your child be poked so many times. Maybe now that he's got more weight on him it'll be easier...who knows. Pray without ceasing. =)

Nannette said...

I am praying God will put the best person for the job in the place he needs to be to take the best care of Alex, and also to put his mama at ease. God is so faithful - we love you! Lou

nola said...

I will be praying for you and Alex. I pray God will guide that needle into the right place the first time. I pray God's peace will be yours and Alex's and it will be a very smoothe procedure.

Myssie said...

You and Alex will be in my thoughts tomorrow. I will be praying that everything goes well. If you need me give me a call, I am 20 minutes away!! :-) Let me know if you need ANYTHING!!

Laurie said...

You and Alex will be in my prayers for tomorrow to go smoothly, one poke would be perfect here, and a smooth MRI for this little guy. I wish I could offer more, but know that I will be praying. I love reading about all of the wonderful progress he is making. He is a sweetheart.

Love, Laurie in Ca.