Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Sweet sleep, and sweet potatoes



Here is Alex after sweet potatoes.

This morning the nutritionist was here and said that our sweet little man is still gaining too quickly, he is almost 20 pounds now, so we get to cut out another feeding, which means that we don't, or I should say Adam doesn't have to get up to feed in the middle of the night. We were hoping for this because so many times Alex will be sleeping peacefully, and we disturb him either by hooking up the feed, or reflux from the feed. Sometime he sleeps right through and doesn't even know he has been fed, but usually we disrupt his sweet sleep. So tonight will be the first night we get to sleep all night long. We know Alex will make it because there have been many times we sleep through the alarm to feed him, and Alex could care less.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

That's great news that you can sleep through the night now!

Kenzie Stanfield said...

Praying for a sweet night of sleep for the entire Pruitt crew!

Love ya,
Kenzie

Micki said...

Ok, so I have been a little behind on my reading. Got caught up, laughed, cried, sang (loudly), then forwarded to another special needs mom, Libby, who needs to be hear your words. You really need to think about writing a book, maybe not now... but Jess, you really are a gifted writer. One tour with Woman of Faith and.... $$$$ I can see it now! Seriously, think about it. Looking forward to lunch on Sat. Love ya, Mick

libby said...

Hi, My name is Libby Nobis, Micki P. told me about your son's site, I too have a child with a rare disease. I got a poem ahile back I wanted to shar with you....

God Sent To Me an Angel

God sent to me an angel,
she had a broken wing.
I bent my head and wondered
"How could God do such a thing?"


When I asked the Father
why He sent this child to me,
the answer was forthcoming;
He said "Listen and you'll see."


"My children are all precious,
and none is like the rest.
Each one to me is special,
and the least is as the best.


I send each one from Heaven
and I place it in the care
of those who know my mercy,
those with love to spare.


Sometimes I take them back again.
Sometimes I let them stay.
No matter what may happen
I am never far away.


So if you find an angel
and you don't know what to do,
remember, I am with you,
love is all I ask of you."


author: Paul Dammann

Feel free to call me at anytime if oyu ever need to talk.

Libby
www.caringbridge.org/visit/logannobis